Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds


A gardener has the right to change her mind!  No offense to Seed Savers, but it looks like Baker Creek is going to be a little more affordable this year.  I feel a bit of relief with every decision that gets made around here--  And with that in mind, let's talk BEANS!

Dragon Tongue!

I tried to order this one last year from Baker's Creek, but they ran out!  Hopefully this year it won't be quite as popular, but based on the reviews I imagine it'll be selling well again.  Dragon Tongue is a Dutch heirloom wax bean.

Saint-Esprit a Oeil Rouge!
Don't ask me how to pronounce this one.  The name means "Holy Spirit Red Eye," apparently because the red marking near the bean's eye resemble...  Well...  Use your imagination.  If my beans end up with the image of Jesus or the Virgin Mary on them and I can sell them on Ebay as "Miracle Beans," well then all the better.  If they don't make me rich, they'll at least make a good soup!

I suppose I'll also be adding on a plain old ordinary green bean, as they are Jason's favorite.

Blue Lake Bush Bean!

2 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed you end up with Virgin Mary beans. Any saintly image would be profitable I imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want those beans to make soup!

    ReplyDelete