Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Perennial Plate

I just stumbled upon this website and had to share it!  The host, Daniel Klein, is a chef with an interest in "adventurous and sustainable eating."  He and camerawoman Mirra Fine filmed 52 short episodes (about 5 to 10 minutes each) exploring topics relating to that theme, from spear fishing to community gardening, from tapping maple trees to hunting squirrel.  (I haven't watched that one yet!)  The unique characters really keep things entertaining.  Plenty of recipes, too.  Beware though - some of these videos are not for the squeamish!  (I only made it half way through the "Meat" episode, and I'm not generally very sensitive.)   

I've watched about half the episodes over the past 12 hours, and these are two of my favorites... so far.  Enjoy! 


The Perennial Plate Episode 3: A trip to Milan, MN from Daniel Klein on Vimeo.


The Perennial Plate Episode 22: A very community garden from Daniel Klein on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment